Working Together

"We shape our self
to fit this world

and by the world
are shaped again..."

Excerpt from "Working Together" © David Whyte
in The House of Belonging

Many Rivers Press

Saturday, May 5, 2007

“I am the Buddha known as the quitter” - Dharma Bums, Jack Kerouac

...I guess you know I found refuge in THAT statement... laughing, laughing....

…As much as I thought “On the Road” sucked dual-exhaust pipes… I’m LOVIN’ “Dharma Bums”! Excellent!

“….the woods do that to you, they always look familiar, long
lost, like the face
of a long-lost relative, like an old dream, like a piece
of forgotten song
drifting across the water, most of all like golden
eternities of past childhood
or past manhood and all the living and all the
dying and the heartbreak that
went on a million years ago and clouds as they
pass overhead seem to testify (by
their own lonesome familiarity) to this
feeling….”


Dharma Bums
~Jack Kerouac


WoW….!!!! I gotta go take a walk in the woods!

1 comment:

Russ said...

Hmmm, where are those Kerouac books?

Time to read more!

Cile - great blog!