Working Together

"We shape our self
to fit this world

and by the world
are shaped again..."

Excerpt from "Working Together" © David Whyte
in The House of Belonging

Many Rivers Press

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Meet Joe

Joe is my friend from "way back" and he came to visit me this last weekend. I had a terrific and rejuvenating time. Joe is part of my adopted family and he has provided for me the brother connection that I could not make happen in my primary family. He's my chosen brother and he arrived to me via his wife Joan, who is my dear friend.

We all went through the "choosing times" together in the late 70's and early 80's. We were choosing how we wanted to be in the world. We explored the options of life outside of the predicated destinies that our birthrights dictated and we became empowered - our consciousness was raised and our hopes and desires rose with it. Now we are are older and our children are in their 30's and making choices of their own.

It has been tremendously satisfying to visit with Joe and ponder the wonder of it all. We are losing power now and can hardly remember anything clearly... It is funny. This is how is should be for us -being with people I have known and loved for may years allows me to appreciate that.

Joe is a great gift to me as are the forces of love that somehow find a way to bring people together who need each other in the name of healing and joy. I am sincerely thankful.

No comments: