Working Together

"We shape our self
to fit this world

and by the world
are shaped again..."

Excerpt from "Working Together" © David Whyte
in The House of Belonging

Many Rivers Press

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I can't go, but YOU can

This is a duplication of a post on my other blog but it is an on-line concert and ANYONE can go! All three of my readers are probably wheatheads anyway but you never know when a straggler might surface, love for humans being what it is...straggling, lurching and mostly accidental.

So, I can't go, but YOU can refers to the growing amount of conflicts that have recently arisen between my work and my social life. It used to blend rather well. I'm not clear about what this portends, if anything but I'm detecting a pattern in the schism of my social life here....

I MOURN that I cannot attend the Antje Douvecot concert on-line at Whole Wheat Radio because Antje is such an incredibly talented singer/songwriter besides being just, plain lovely.

What's more, listening to live concerts on-line with Jim and sharing the experience with others in chat is such a fun time - Jim makes it fun, filling listeners in on the action in his own enthusiastic way. I highly recommend that you tune in and at least get a taste of this virtual time sharing, if for no other reason than to add it to your 2.0 experience.

Here's Antje:



It's Antje's birthday on Thursday. Jim's brewed a special beer in honor of her concert. The enchantment will be infectious. Don't deny yourself. I will be working - trying to keep an eye out for hooligans who are seeking all night refuge in the library. Somehow it has happened that I've become a cop in some horrid twist of irony.... but I will attend this concert in spirit, you can be sure.

This Thursday, November 15, 2007, 7pm Talkeetna time. Enjoy

No comments: