Working Together

"We shape our self
to fit this world

and by the world
are shaped again..."

Excerpt from "Working Together" © David Whyte
in The House of Belonging

Many Rivers Press

Sunday, May 18, 2008

The time has come, the walrus said...



“"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings”
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland



I have put this entry off for months. I wanted to write it in February when I first knew it had to be entered. I can only say that now that I've informed my disappointed son who was eying the economy on Second Life like a tiger shark and those who may have had an interest in MY interest in Second Life or on-line development. Well, it ain't gonna happen - my birthday in September will not be spent on-line in Second Life. I never even got logged on. Oh, the shame...

There were several events in my first life that led up to the demise of my second. I'm going to skip over them as they are just fodder, really. Lets just say I spent a winter without heat installed and if I couldn't swing that, I really could not justify the cost of a new graphics card and the cascade of whistles and bells I know I would have had just HAD to have to fully enjoy my new life in virtual reality. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I have responsibilities now. In short, my first life has not rolled to any sort of stop - or even shown any indications of slowing down long enough to swing into any kind of second life. More walrus' than the pinniped above are counting on my presence of late....(see right)

The point is there will be no 55th birthday party for me in Second Life this year. I announced my intent last summer in here and I think that it is only right that I make the cancellation here too, so its official.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.