Working Together

"We shape our self
to fit this world

and by the world
are shaped again..."

Excerpt from "Working Together" © David Whyte
in The House of Belonging

Many Rivers Press

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Revelation of Youth, part 2: Knocked out in the fifth

I trespass on youth these days. I can't stop myself. I sneak into the lot under chain link fences and into the bars through unguarded back doors. I lurk in the shadows. I watch in awe and look suspicious. I warm myself on the scattered ashes the talented leave in their wake as they fly by deeper into passions that I can only faintly recall and that have nothing to do with me. I watch them breathe and I can remember my name echoing back to me from places where I can no longer go and will never belong. Excuse my shade but I'm the cautionary tale seeking hope and inspiration.




CR Avery
is an artist out of Canada. Beatbox poet is the claim. It is my inclination to think if he was so predisposed, he could make weather with the slightest tilt of his head. Certainly there would be landslide if he spun too fast leaving all of us grinning in a blur. Happy casualties rise from a roar of dust. He is gifted and he makes me talk sideways and smile to myself.

Thank you for coming to Bellingham, and playing the Green Frog Acoustic Tavern, CR. Please return soon.

Thanks to dreamcatcherswan for the great video. Perfect.

No comments: