Working Together

"We shape our self
to fit this world

and by the world
are shaped again..."

Excerpt from "Working Together" © David Whyte
in The House of Belonging

Many Rivers Press

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Prepare Yourself

I'm taking off soon to see my family so we can share our stories of Dene and be together missing her. We will be holding one another extra close for this reminder of how little time we really have left in each others company. As she wished, we are taking Dene back to that place by the Trinity river that she loved so much as a child for one last visit as we say goodbye.

Dene really liked the song "Spirit in the Sky" originally done by Norman Greenbaum in the sixties. I took a great deal of comfort from repeated viewings of this video that I found on YouTube with a rendition of the song done by DC Talk. I thank QuietBuck a thousand times over for sharing and posting it so I can share it here.

If you get to have a soundtrack to your movie of life this would be an awesome closer for anyone. Enjoy. Remember those you love.



Thank you everyone who has sent condolences and support. it means a great deal, especially when I am so far away from my family right now, to feel the love of my dear friends.

No comments: