Working Together

"We shape our self
to fit this world

and by the world
are shaped again..."

Excerpt from "Working Together" © David Whyte
in The House of Belonging

Many Rivers Press

Friday, February 26, 2010

Love is a stranger, indeed.



I was on the hamster wheel this morning, praying...you know minding a mile of my own business... when this chestnut rose from my music collection creating a worm hole in my ear.

...It's savage and it's cruel
And it shines like destruction
Comes in like the flood
And it seems like religion
It's noble and it's brutal
It distorts and deranges
And it wrenches you up
And you're left like a zombie...

I began imagining she was singing about the internet or any technology. Then I thought, if you live long enough and don't fight with nature, gravity allows things to fall into place; if you live long enough, you realize that all the really important truths about living and loving will, most certainly, return, return, return...like every day and every season.

Before there was any GAGA, there was Annie. 1982. Turn this MUTHA UP and enjoy!



Oh yeah...I keep good company on the wheel.

Thank you chtichat for posting this. Check out the channel - there is a beautiful assortment Eurythmics vids there.

No comments: