Working Together

"We shape our self
to fit this world

and by the world
are shaped again..."

Excerpt from "Working Together" © David Whyte
in The House of Belonging

Many Rivers Press

Friday, December 3, 2010

Rise and Shine ~ Shane Koyczan

"..if you are playing to win the first thing you have to do is apply within..." 
Shane Koyczan


I had planned on posting this in September for the Hallmark Holiday Grandparent's Day.  I was swept up in the drama of economic pillage at the time and I forgot. 

I have had to listen to my inner parent before and I've picked up and rescued my inner child.  Here I am now, seeking out what is wise, my inner Grandmother. I really need to hear what she has to say today.  Hallmark be damned...here is "Shane Koyczan's Grandma's Got it Going On".  Perhaps you need a dose of rise and shine, too....

Here's the Grandma I strive to be...the one anyone would want in their corner...the one I want to talk to...




A truly gifted poet.  Enjoy Shane Koyczan.  Buy his books; buy his audio; keep him going so we can enjoy his work for years to come. 
More information and videos here.


Thanks to Qwertylust for posting this video for us all to enjoy.

3 comments:

marciamayo said...

Cile, this absolutely made my day. I'm passing Shane on to others.

cile said...

Just sharin' the wealth...Glad you enjoyed it and you will play his work forward. Thanks, Marcia.

sedonamoonshadow said...

Loved this thank you for sharing this today. When the Grandparent subject comes up more times than not a softness will enter the eyes. I believe in our grandchildren eyes a softness will to enter.