Working Together

"We shape our self
to fit this world

and by the world
are shaped again..."

Excerpt from "Working Together" © David Whyte
in The House of Belonging

Many Rivers Press

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Making Babies at Sam's Place

I know...that was a dirty trick and it was not even necessary! ...but now that I have your attention....

The fabulously talented  Carrie Elkin, singer songwriter and genuine beautiful person inside and out informs me that she has given birth today to her labor of love for Red House Records..."Call it My Garden".

Carrie actually makes music for us. She accessible that way.  If you've ever had the pleasure of seeing her make her magic, I am preaching to the choir.  For those who are not aware of the type of heart Carrie Elkin invokes in her music, I suggest you watch this video of the recording of this album.  It speaks volumes about how the heart of this album is cultivated and what kind of bounty we will feast upon when we receive the delight of her work .

Personally I cannot wait to hear her offering because I know she sweeps the stars when she creates.  She delivers this harvest nested in her gathered apron like it is easy. She is talented that way and surprising like that. Enjoy this video.  Buy her new CD, Call it My Garden and pull up a chair and join us at the table.

2 comments:

marciamayo said...

Cile, as usual, you wrote a gorgeous homage. Have you thought about writing articles for your local paper on music? I'm sure you have and it probably doesn't pay much and you may be already doing that. Bottom line, you would be really good at it.

cile said...

Thanks, Marcia. Yeah it has crossed my mind but I am enjoying the selective nature of only writing about music and artists I feel strongly about as the spirit moves me. A luxury that I cannot afford probably but I know I would not do well at the trade of criticism, review and thinking up something relevant to say. I'm not disciplined that way.