Working Together

"We shape our self
to fit this world

and by the world
are shaped again..."

Excerpt from "Working Together" © David Whyte
in The House of Belonging

Many Rivers Press

Saturday, March 5, 2011

And now a word from our Pisces fish.....


It has come to my attention that a local treasure is in need of a little patronizing here in Bellingham.  The valuable cache of which I speak is the small business of the Desire Fish Co. who sell their salmon off of their own boat, Desire, in Squalicum Harbor Gate 7.   This company and this boat are not your run-of-the-mill small business.  This boat cradles a family whose business is based on an honorable harvest of food of great value - the mighty salmon.  The entire family presses northward into the Alaskan waters annually and returns in the fall to supply the local community with wholesome and pure wild salmon. Their website  explains their mission and their intention as well as the process they use to bring the fish to our tables.



I went to the Desire as I do every year at this time to buy my Pisces friend his birthday fish and I was surprised to find that this March, unlike previous years at this time, the friendly fisher people have an abundance of fish.  So my lucky Bellinghamsters you have the extreme good fortune to take advantage of this by making a bee-line down to the Squalicum Harbor Gate 7 to support this treasure of the Bellingham community.


I don't "do" commercials in my blog but as I drove home from the harbor, I thought that I would do my best to let people know that the opportunity to support this hard working and caring family is here.  I was surprised myself that they had such a wide variety of salmon after the holidays this year and it occurred to me that perhaps others thought they might be out of fish, too.  As an added special, the opportunity for a marvelous weekend stroll around the harbor comes at no extra charge and I highly recommend that, too.



Desire Fish Company
Fishing Boat Desire
Friday 2-5
Sat/Sun 10-5

Long may you run...

1 comment:

marciamayo said...

Cile, this wasn't a commercial, rather and act of love. I swear, you have the biggest heart of anyone I know.