Working Together

"We shape our self
to fit this world

and by the world
are shaped again..."

Excerpt from "Working Together" © David Whyte
in The House of Belonging

Many Rivers Press

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Solstice 2012: Truth

The truth of the matter regarding my word of the year, "Truth", is that I have no time to blog about it.

As I sit here writing this, the sun sets on the longest day of the year. I'm fighting a virus that decided I was a good and suitable host.  There has been a lot of fighting, struggling and defending going on within me over the last six months and this is no time to declare anything like a winner or pronounce an epiphany.  Like my "bug", these things are one battle in a series of battles, endeavors and conflicts that challenge me these days. I'm doing the best I can with each one as it comes.

I hope to be able to come up for air sometime in July and find the time to find the words to express my experience.  I can say this: I feel I'm being forged into quite a different person.  For what it is worth, I'm surrendering to that and holding my spirit close.



Until then...Happy Solstice, one and all.

3 comments:

Esther said...

With all my heart I'm wishing you better-ness on every level, Cile... and a Happy Soltice that lets its light into your being... Love, Esther

Peck's Bad Boy said...

That is a surprise

Peck's Bad Boy said...

Long time no see