Working Together

"We shape our self
to fit this world

and by the world
are shaped again..."

Excerpt from "Working Together" © David Whyte
in The House of Belonging

Many Rivers Press

Monday, June 20, 2016

The Lunar Launch - Summer of Love Redux

It has been a long six months or so since I wrote in this blog. This will be the official last post. I have missed writing but I needed to step back and reassess what I'm sharing. I told all of my story
over the decade and as fun as it was for me, I needed to kick it up a notch. Over the last few months I've been piecing my life together with the intention of trying to design some kind of future for myself that was wholehearted and involved my interest in end of life issues. I've done that and I found I could patch many elements of the last three decades together to cobble myself a rather surprising and pleasant foundation. I am the MacGyver of the transformational senior set.

 Today is the full Solstice Moon in Sagittarius. It is the first full Solstice moon since 1967 and the last until 2062...well beyond my expiry date. It seemed like a fine celebratory time to launch a new endeavor. I have been poking about and found a business name, a URL and a web building tool (thanks to friends and their generosity in sharing information with me. I'm looking at you, Bee). As of today I will be birthing my new little baby, YourAmicus Mortis. Please visit the site and let me know what I forgot to complete and left totally out (no doubt there is plenty because, well, I'm a tinker in these things). Also editorial corrections are warmly welcomed.

What I am most excited about is the blog. I have really missed writing on-line. It has been good though. I have experienced an egress in socializing in real time and that is certainly a step in the right direction for me after such a long solitary time up here in the PNW. As well, I have a few decades worth of ideas regarding life and death that I've been silently brooding about over many years. I needed to focus on those ideas and now it is time for them to see the light of day and, hopefully, stimulate some discussion.

 These are very exciting times. I take comfort in the fact that as crazy as the world is right now, it is really no wilder than it has been before in civilization's ever-so-rocky evolutionary history. It just seems that way because now it is personal and not hiding away somewhere in a dusty, shadowy past that may or may not relate to us. Remember the words of the wise - study them so you will never forget their beauty and intelligence. Be kind. I look forward to seeing you in my other cyber space.

Celebrate this solstice and enjoy how the wind blew in 1960s here. There was nothing quite like being caught in that particular downpour. It was a baptismal of sorts and I'm forever thankful for and indebted to it. Don't forget to seek out and enjoy the miracles blossoming right now amid these tumultuous times.

So many seeds were planted in 1967 some of which have grown over the years into massive fixtures as constant as the sun in the horizon of our lives. Here is one...with an added hidden treasure.

"...She said I'm home on shore leave
though, in truth, we were at sea,
so I took her by the looking glass
and I forced her to agree,
Saying 'You must be the mermaid
who took Neptune for a ride'
and she smiled at me so sadly
that my anger straightway died..."





 Thank you to Murray Burbridge for this incredible video of 'Whiter Shade of Pale'. So many people following their creative fancy and carrying important pieces of treasure to the light of day for us all to find and enjoy. Wonderful!

No comments: